The word “church” comes from the Greek word “Ecclesia” which means “to call out from” or “to be separated from”.
The Church is a body of people called out from the word to be in Christ (1 Cor. 1:2, Col. 1:13-14). The word church can referred to as the Universal Church body of Christ, it can also be referred to a local group of believers. (Col 4:15)
Why we exist as a Church
Sovereign Word Church is a ministry dedicated to the total recovery of the sick and the afflicted, we exist to minister the Love of God to others in need.
We are helped of God in times of trials, so that we having been helped of God are able to minister to others who are going through what God has helped us from.
We are saved to save others, we are healed to heal other, that why we exist as a church. (2 Cor 1:3-4)
Sovereign Word Church Aims and Objectives
The purpose of SWC is hinged on the dedication of the universal Church which can be found in (Matt 22: 37-40; Matt 28: 19-20 and Acts 2: 42-47)
We are committed and Dedicated to Worship – Ministry – Evangelism – Fellowship and Discipleship.
Our Drive includes
- Soul Winning.
- Ministering to the needs of the hurting persons through various outreached.
- Ministering recovery to men and empowering them to recover others.
- Training and making every member to become a minister of God to the people.
Our Vision Statement
Building a people strong in the word and empowered to bring healing and deliverance to the lost and suffering.
Our Mission Agenda
- Active involvement in practical healing ministering
- Making every member to become a Disciple and then a minister
- Encouraging and empowering the Cell Fellowship
- Using the Media and Broadcast Channels
- Promoting our Cardinal Outreach program
Our believe and Faith Statement
- There is only one God (Deut 6:4 Matt 16:17)
- Jesus Christ is the son of God (Matt 1:18-25)
- Jesus is the only way (John 14:6)
- The Bible is God’s Word (Tim 3:16)
- Everybody needs to be saved (Rom 3:23)
- Jesus rose from the dead (1 Cor 15:4)
- The dead shall rise again (1 Thess 4 16-17)
- Jesus Christ is coming again (Acts 1: 11)
- Water Baptism and the Holy Communion (Matt 23:19)
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8)
Our Core Values
- R- Righteousness (Job 2:2-9)
- E- Excellence (Dan 1:8)
- A – Accountability (Matt 25:14-33)
- L- Love (Luke 10:30-37)
Our outreach programs
- Day of Recovery Outreaches
- Healing Rain Service
- Cell Fellowship Outreach
- One to One Evangelism
- Moment of Recovery (Media TV Outreach)